Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He drinks water and throws it up. He has thrown up s

Customer Question

He drinks water and throws it up. He has thrown up his breakfast and dinner for two days now. Will go outside and will want to go under low lying bushes or our wood pile and will dig dirt and eat it then throw it up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No not that we know of. He has been just doing weird things for two days
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bernie, he is a five year old Schanuazer . My spelling sucks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bernie?
Customer: No he is on heart worm prevention has been since a puppy and has always been in good health he is our baby
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am still waiting
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Can he keep even a sip of water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Has he had any diarrhea?