Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

From the research I've done I believe our dog got bit by a

Customer Question

From the research I've done I believe our dog got bit by a black widow. Yesterday she seemed ok just tender on her back....last night when I got home from work she can't move her hind legs. She is drinking water and ate some food. I can't afford a hospital bill for her. My kids are upset...what can we do? I can't pick her up, she is a female Rottwieller about 130lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Precious 5-6yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Precious?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

Is she able to stand up at all?

Does she have tick exposure?

Do you see a wound where she may have been bitten?

Is her head tilted at all?