Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
This appears to be a form of a staph infection that occurs since the staph bacteria are normal flora on your guys skin and irritation or immune suppression will allow these bacteria to over grow. It is good that he is on antibiotics but he should also be on a topical treatment such as Gentocin Spray or Betadine which will dry out this area affected so teh bacteria cannot grow. These are very common in summer because of the warmth and moisture that can cause these bacteria to over grow and cause pustules. Along with the antibiotic which should be Cephalexin or another specific for staph, treat the areas with Betadine applied topically every 8 hrs which can be purchased at the pharmacy over the counter. It may also help to give your guy benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs in case this is related to an allergic reaction.Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.Sincerely, ***** *****