Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I came home and found my dog spinning in circles and won't

Customer Question

I came home and found my dog spinning in circles and won't stop and u pick him up and he spins his head and we even found throw up What should we do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: It did make a mess and don't know if he ate anything wasn't home
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** a chiwawa he's about a year and a half been perfectly fine til now
JA: How old is Pepe?
Customer: What should we do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doug Nieh replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** - it sounds like your dog is suffering from something called "vestibular disease"

How old is your dog?

This can be caused by a middle/inner ear infection, trauma, tumors, hypothyroidism or it could be "idiopathic" vestibular disease which is a term we use when there is no underlying cause that can be identified.

Are his eyes jerking back and forth or do they remain in a fixed position when you hold his head and look at him?