Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a female pitbull I believe she is around 6 months and

Customer Question

I have a female pitbull I believe she is around 6 months and she has constant diarrhea and vomitting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: We live in Las Vegas and she is a puppy she has been chewing up dead palm frond stumps and pretty much anything but my other dog is doing the same and isn't having any issues
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kimber
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kimber?
Customer: She had worms when we first got her and she has been treated for them and last time she was checked she was cleared. When she vomits it is brown and smells like stool as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) What type of palm fronds are these?
2) When did the ingestion occur or begin?
3) Are you seeing any blood in her stools?
4) What is she eating for food?
5) How often does she vomit?
6) How many vaccines were administered by your vet?