Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Nothing but he may have eaten one pantopazole! he is big dog

Customer Question

nothing but he may have eaten one pantopazole! he is big dog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Charlie and he is 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?
Customer: no except he has fatty tumors and takes a med for arhrits
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. I wouldn't worry too much about this. It is a medication that can be used in dogs and has been tolerated very well. Top end dose in dogs usually is around 0.5 mg per lb, but much, much higher doses have been given with no issues. I would just monitor for lack of coordination, extreme lethargy and tremors. If you see any problems, I would have him evaluated immediately. Otherwise, it should be safe to monitor him. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps. My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.