Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Nothing my dog is about 55lbs and this morning ate a packet

Customer Question

Nothing my dog is about 55lbs and this morning ate a packet of egual sweetner. I had a stroke and it fell out of my weak hand. I just want to know he will be okay
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jake
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jake?
Customer: No very healthy dog. This morning i gave him benadryl for his itching
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Good news! Equal is made of dextrose with maltodextrin and the sweetening ingredients aspartame and acesulfame potassium. None of these are toxic to dogs. It is the artificial sugar Xylitol that we need to be aware of with our dogs and would need to have him seen urgently for (since it can cause crashes in blood sugar and liver damage) when they eat it. But there is no risk with this product.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )