Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog has these weird "scratches/scabs" in her armpits,

Customer Question

My dog has these weird "scratches/scabs" in her armpits, groin, butt and lip. The one on her butt is from licking but I never EVER see her lick or scratch the other areas. And there is no way these are from another dog.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long has this been ongoing?Are these areas moist at all? Any odor, crusting, scaling, pimples or pustules?Any change in her diet in the past 6 weeks?When did you last treat for fleas? What brand did you use?Can you take a photo of these skin changes? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.