Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

We have an 11 year old male lab. He is having muscle spasms,

Customer Question

We have an 11 year old male lab. He is having muscle spasms, sever pain and hangs his head. He had his right rear ACL repaired in december. Has arthritis in his left elbow/shoulder. He is on rymadol for this and we have tamadol for pain..... but he is still crying.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Our dogs name is Flynn
JA: Thanks. I like it also.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Flynn?
Customer: He is eating and doing his buisness, very painful to walk for any distance.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a couple questions of my own to ensure I give you the best advice possible....How long has Flynn been having these spasms?How much Rimadyl and Tramadol are you giving?How often are you giving the medication?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He got worse over weekend. We live in a tri level house and coming down stairs is difficult for him. Spasms seem to be more current over weekend. He has had a left side pain which was the original problem. X rays showed nothing. we gave him rest and tramadol 50 mg 2 or 3 tablets every 8 hours. We give him rimadyl every 12 hours. He was showing signs of improvement until over Mothers Day when he was excited by company.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry, JACustomer. It looks like the professional that was previously assisting you opted out. I am new to your question but happy to assist you. 1) Has an MRI or CT been performed of his head/spine? 2) Any neurological problems such as dragging of his feet or delays in returning them to their proper position when walking? 3) How much does he weigh approximately?