PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Will heart worms make a dog's belly bloat? He is a 85 lb

Customer Question

Will heart worms make a dog's belly bloat? He is a 85 lb Greman Shepherd. Very larthargic. Appetite is somewhat normal.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Yes, they certainly will. Once the heart worms cause congestive heart failure, fluid typically builds up in the abdomen during the end stage of the disease.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer

Hi, JACustomer. Checking in to see how your GSD is doing.