PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

He feel on the wood floor head first. It was a hard hit. He

Customer Question

He feel on the wood floor head first. It was a hard hit. He tried to move but went like in a circular way. And was shaking. It all happened so fast. He stayed to himself a bit and then acted like him self
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Teddy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Teddy?
Customer: I did notice that when the kids tried to touch or play with him he would make a crying noise
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How long ago did this occur? 2) Is he still eating and drinking? 3) Were the children holding him when he fell onto the floor?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Like around 6pm.
He has drank some water.
My daughter was playing tug a war with a stuffed animal and he did a flip in The air before he land on the floor.
The behavior following the trauma is typical of a dog who has received head trauma. The fact that he's drinking water is a good sign. The vocalization may be due to nervousness in being around the kids after an injury or he could truly be tender because of the injury. If the vocalization persists, he does not start eating, you note profound lethargy, etc. I would take him in for an exam, possibly some x-rays and meds to address his discomfort. Other than that, you should be able to wait and watch to see if any symptoms do arise. It may be worthwhile to caution the children on the level of play, as well. If Teddy is a smaller breed dog, he will be prone to lasting effects from major head trauma (such as seizure activity) and prone to broken bones, as well. We typically see that this is most common in dogs under 20#. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Checking in to see how Teddy is doing.