Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have an 8 yr old female St. Bernard. Just recently she has

Customer Question

HI, I have an 8 yr old female St. Bernard. Just recently she has started urinating during the day in our family room; tile floor. I cannot detect an odor but it is oily. She has plenty of water. Is fed One Purina Lamb and Rice mature dog formula. 2 cups per day. Takes 2 glucosamine tablets per day. I am wondering if she has any kind of bladder issue? not seeing her lick herself. Belly is not tender...Any thoughts.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Roxy...I nicknamed her "Roxarella" I rescued her 2 yrs ago. She was 6 when we got her. She is a baby doll. Very loving. not typical behavior for her. She lives with 2 other sisters. A 12 yr old Sheltie. 10 yr old red merle Aussie, 2 white kittens, a black cat and British Manx. They all get along..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Aussie?
Customer: ?? Her name is***** :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Has Roxy had any diagnostics performed at all recently on her such as blood work? urinalysis? 2) Does she take any regular medications aside from the glucosamine?