PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

He appears to have a growth underneath his tail along his

Customer Question

he appears to have a growth underneath his tail along his anus area. It looked like a small bubble
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Calliou his is about 10 to 12 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Calliou
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Callous?
Customer: he had a seizure and then released his bowls. upon examing it appears to be a small bubble coming out of his anus but I think its really underneath the tail near the anus
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a picture of the area the bubble? 2) Did this appear after the seizure? 3) How many seizures has he had during this lifetime? How frequently? Is he receiving medication for them?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He had one or two when he was younger but they stopped he is a corgi/terrier mix. I never seen the bubble until now so I don't know since when. He does not receive medication
Any pictures to share? If not, does the tissue appear the same color as his rectal tissue or is it more red?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no pic but it appears to be the same color
Thank you for the additional information. It will take me 10-15 minutes to type out a detailed response for you. You are welcome to wait, if you would like. The website will also generate an email for you once I have responded and you can revisit the chat with a link included in the email. After reading my response, if you have questions, you’re welcome to respond and I will help you further. Otherwise, once you’re satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to rate the assistance you’ve receive from me. This is how the website will compensate me for helping you.
At 10-12 years of age, we must always be worried that cancer could be the cause of any bumps that appear in the rectal/anal tissue. As well, there could be some involvement with the anal glands causing them to appear enlarged. Perhaps the easiest approach here will be to schedule an exam with your vet and have them look at the tissue. Often a biopsy must be taken to determine if the tissue is malignant or not and to determine if anything must be done medically to intervene with its presence. Rectal masses: gland tumors: gland tumors: of the rectum and anus: this tissue is not interfering with him being able to defecate, you likely don't need to rush in to see your vet but I would try to have an exam performed with in the next few days to be sure of what is causing this. If you see an increase in the size of the tissue that's visible, your pet begins scooting or otherwise showing signs of being bothered I would expedite the visit. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Checking in to see how Calliou is doing today.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?