Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Vomiting and lethargy. She's been on flouxatine weeks. Any

Customer Question

vomiting and lethargy. She's been on flouxatine for 8 weeks. Any possible relationship between the two? Also, she ate some grass 5 days ago on a walk - seemed to have something stuck in her throat that day (gaggin and coughing) but that went away.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: she's a 6 year old pit bull - has had periods of vomiting throughout her life (seems sensitive to some foods) but always recuperated on her own. She's only had these symptoms for about 12 hours - not sure if we should worry or wait it out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your pittie, the fluoxetine, and vomiting.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:What is the fluoxetine being used for?Is she on any other medications?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.