Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I caught him chewing on an ecig plastic refill bottle. I

Customer Question

I caught him chewing on an ecig plastic refill bottle. I think he may have ingested a few drops. Is there anything I can do at home, or signs to watch for poisoning?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: There was a hole in the bottle and my husband said there was a tiny amount of nicotine juice in the bottle.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: He's a 3 month old puppy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.I'm sorry for this concern for your puppy. I do have a few additional questions to ask first if you don't mind: 1. How much does he weigh?2. If there was only a small amount of nicotine juice in the bottle, could he have ingested more than you think?3. How long ago did this happen? There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb