Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My British bulldog 3 months old just vomited foam and a

Customer Question

My British bulldog 3 months old just vomited foam and a piece of rawhide strap. He is now breathing quite heavily and seems more placid than usual. He did however earlier this afternoon ate a rawhide twist. Should we be very concerned ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well we think he swallowed that rawhide twist this afternoon as we cannot find remnants. He then had dinner tonight and passed a little stool a couple hours later. We went to get dinner and left him with a thin raw hide strap. We came back and then he vomittwd up the rawhide strap along with foam. His stomach seemed to pulsate and his breathing laboured. He seems to be more calm now but we're so worried. We don't if the twist front his afternoon is going to cause a blockage
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How often is your pup given raw hide? 2) How much does he weigh and how large are these rawhide pieces?