Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Fri started coughing wouldn't eat his treat Sat hacking

Customer Question

Fri started coughing wouldn't eat his treat Sat hacking lethargic could barley walk up three steps.had to help him about ten yr old Lab
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dakota
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dakota?
Customer: Was normal and healthy until Fri
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Any history of Dakota chewing/eating anything that could be caught in his throat?Can he eat/drink anything at all?Are his gums pink or pale/white?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?