Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I am fostering a dog and her pups. The pups were born last

Customer Question

I am fostering a dog and her pups. The pups were born last Saturday 8 of them mom is prolly at the most 1 y.o. Today when she goes outside to potty she is hiding under our porch and doesn't want to come in for a long time. Is there a problem?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 5 months ago.
Hi JaCustomer, I'm sorry no one chose to answer your question earlier. My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. Is she eating and drinking normally?Any vomiting?Does her discharge from the vulva have a foul odor?Are her pups thriving?Is she caring for them normally?Can you take her temperature and let me know what it is?Is she digging under the porch?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She is eating and drinking normally and does not have vomiting.Your next response was yes but that would be to the foul odor or another questions since you then skip to her temperature.