Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Dog ate retinal topical capsules , with olive oil,

Customer Question

Dog ate retinal topical capsules , with olive oil, propylene,.
First 2 ingredients are cyclomethicone and then isohexadecane. Soft gel caps.probably 20 small caps.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about Libby. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How much does Libby weigh? How many mg each of cyclomethicone and isohexadecane are in the capsules? How long ago did she eat the capsules? If it was less than an hour, try to get her to vomit if you can by getting her to take some hydrogen peroxide in some milk or ice cream. Again, I need her weight to give you a safe dose of peroxide.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I am searching but not finding these drugs. Do you have the name of the product? And strength?If she is a 7 month old lab, she could probably take 1/2 tablespoon of peroxide in some milk or ice cream to induce vomiting. If you can get her to vomit the capsules we don't have to worry.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Still searching but finding little. Is this a prescription or an over the counter product? The brand name would be helpful. I have found that cyclomethicone does not appear to be very toxic.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Libby. How is everything going?