Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

She ate about half a box of organic plant fertilizer JA: I'm

Customer Question

She ate about half a box of organic plant fertilizer
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sugar, 3
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sugar?
Customer: She is about 25 pounds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.How long ago did she eat it?What is the name of the fertilizer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sometime in the last 6 hours
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Perfect! Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.Luckily, these fertilizers are mostly some sort of fish meal with a few additives that help the plants but aren't toxic if dogs eat it.Since she ate it sometime in the last 6 hours, it's unlikely that we're going to see anything like vomiting or diarrhea, but I'd still keep an eye on her, just to be on the safe side.If she does start having vomiting or diarrhea, then I'd suggest fasting her for 24 hours to allow her system to calm down. Then you can give her a bland diet of boiled white rice and boiled hamburger.I don't expect you to see any issue if you haven't yet though.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm guessing I shouldn't have paid for the service. Have you received my answer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you please let me know if you received the info I sent?
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
I did reply to you...did you not get it?
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?