Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 4 month old golden retriever puppy has been sporadically

Customer Question

my 4 month old golden retriever puppy has been sporadically throwing up for the last few days. We took her to the vet yesterday as she woke up with swollen eyes. The vet gave her a shot of benadryl and told us to feed her a bland diet of chicken and rice, which we have been doing. She is throwing up again tonight, and her stomach is rumbling very loud. Would she have eaten something that has caused some sort of blockage? I'm wondering if I should take her to the animal hospital? Nancy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Nancy will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nancy?
Customer: Sorry, my name is***** dog's name is Zoe.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Did her vet start any treatment for the pre-existing nausea?Can she keep water down?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Do you know of anything she may have eaten (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Has she had any diarrhea, black stools, or straining to go?