Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My lab's pad is swollen visibly from the top, turning it

Customer Question

My lab's pad is swollen visibly from the top, turning it over, I see a number of pimple -like or sliver like bumps. I have tried to squeeze them. Blackish grey stuff comes out of the bumps. Are thsee the result of thorns or some other kind of sliver? I am soaking paw in hydrogen peroxide.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Matix, 4yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Matai?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this pad to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.