How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PitRottMommy Your Own Question
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 4544
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164
Type Your Dog Question Here...
PitRottMommy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

He chewed on a plant stem of rhododendron.. I caught him and

Customer Question

He chewed on a plant stem of rhododendron.. I caught him and put the plant up.. I don't belive he got a lot ingested.. He was okay yesterday, and lastnight, but this morning he is vomiting clear fo***** *****quid.. A bit depressed but not a lot.. 20 pounds, 3 month old pit puppy. Male
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Malecon
JA: Huh?
Customer: Malecon.. It is Spanish for fishing port
JA: Huh?
Customer: The dogs name is Malecon
JA: Thanks. I like it also.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Malecon?
Customer: No fever.. Heart feels about normal when placed on chest..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, JaCustomer.All parts of Rhododendron plants are toxic, which is why you are seeing vomiting and lethargy. There's more info here: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/rhododendrons/Because of the great risk to the health of pets that these plants cause, I would recommend having him examined and supportive treatment started. His vet will likely want to at least administer injectable medication to help with the nausea and intestinal cramping that often goes along with this. They may also want to observe him throughout the day for progression of symptoms. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The expert gave me the same link I was looking up while the vet window popped up and offered professional advice.. It may not be the expert, but the site is unreliable.. Need better contemt
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
JaCustomer, are you having difficulty with the site? The Experts have no control over what goes on on your end of the site, unfortunately. Here are two more links, if you need them:http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/rhododendronhttp://pets.thenest.com/rhododendrons-poisonous-dogs-4481.html Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The answer is an atropine iv injection.. You should know that.. Good bye.. Stop charging me..you don't know what you are talking about.. I did not say you had control, but to advise public post is sad...very sad.. A scam
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what information you were hoping for, JACustomer. I will have customer service process a refund for you.