Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She won't eat, drink or get up on her own. She was fine the

Customer Question

She won't eat, drink or get up on her own. She was fine the day before yesterday. She doesn't go to the bathroom. She will get up if we ask her to to go outside and see if she'll urinate. But she doesn't urinate. I've checked her all around to see if something is painful. She makes no noises indicating pain. She doesn't look swollen anywhere if I push on her abdomen or back she acts fine. She is a 7 year old boxer.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lola
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?
Customer: She's the worlds best dog. Yes, the best dog in the entire world. There's non better.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Have you seen any vomiting or diarrhea? 2) Any history of ingesting foreign bodies? 3) Any human food given to her? 4) When was the last time she ate and drank normally?