Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Pearl...I was just looking at this answer. I have a 100 lb+

Customer Question

Hi Pearl...I was just looking at this answer. I have a 100 lb+ shepherd who may have eaten one of my 30mg capsules of cymbalta. Should I be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No, he's young and otherwise very healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
Cymbalta (duloxetine) is well tolerated in dogs. 30 mg/100 lbs = 0.3 mg/lb which is under the dose at which sedation is expected (0.5 mg/lb) and far under the 5 mg/lb at which tremors can arise. (No deaths were seen in dogs at 45 mg/lb.) I wouldn't induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.