Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Pearl my 13 yr old female dog is having difficulty putting

Customer Question

Hi Pearl my 13 yr old female dog is having difficulty putting weight on her let front leg. She is able to walk on it but with limping and we have examined her and there just seems to be some swelling. She had not yelped when we have touched her or pulled on her leg.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jill
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jill?
Customer: No I don't think so.. She takes Rimadyl on a daily basis for arthritis.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Where is the swelling located? 2) Do you have a picture of the area clearly detailing the swelling? 3) What breed of dog is Jill? 4) When did this begin?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It began about an hour ago I can send you a picture
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jill is a mutt dog
Please do attach a picture. I'll be standing by.
Checking in to see how Jill is doing today. No picture came through, if you were able to attach one. I can still help you, if needed.