Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dachshund got into my mint pouches not sure how many less

Customer Question

My dachshund got into my mint pouches not sure how many less than 8
What should I do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pls send me written response
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tabacco product mint pouches
No problem, just typing out your reply now ... Regards, ***** *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Good news! My understanding is that these sorts of products only contain mint leaves, no tobacco and no nicotine. This being the case you have no problem since mint is not toxic to dogs and indeed has been prescribed for them in the past. That said the odd dog may get a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but that's about it. 2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation, just keep an eye on Darla, in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if her condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me furtherI hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Darla is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the mint pouches ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.