Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My brothers dog started out chewing

Customer Question

my brothers dog started out chewing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: my brothers dog started out chewing the hair off her back now she has chjewed a great big holeon back and you can see her spine ane fluid leaks out of irt
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: shes is lacy and she is close to 2yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shoe?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** have to have a t shirt on her to cover her back and we have a cone around her head
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have pictures to share of the wound?
2) What flea prevention is being used?
3) How often is it being applied?
4) When did this begin?