PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I paid necropsy on my dog, but when I received her body

Customer Question

I paid for a necropsy on my dog, but when I received her body there were no incisions .
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.
Alisa, thanks for your question. We typically perform necropsies with a very large incision that rubs often from the base of the throat to the pelvis so that we can see everything inside. Do you happen to have photographs of the ventral surface of your dog (from chest to pelvis). Some vets are very skilled a closing these areas up, but I expect you would still see this visible. Have you contacted the hospital to voice your concern? I think that's going to be the next step since it appears if they did perform a necropsy...it may not have been on Farica.
Checking in, Alisa. Have you received any more information on Farica?
Hi Alisa,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Farica. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy