Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog started limping ...looks like a possible bruise on her

Customer Question

my dog started limping ...looks like a possible bruise on her pad..looking for a remedy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes. no wound
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: ginny ..8 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ginny?
Customer: she got excited when I came home from work and runs around the house
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Ginny. I do have a few additional questions to ask about her first if you don't mind: 1. Which leg is she limping on?2. Why do you think she has a bruise on her pad? Is it painful there?3. How long has she been lame?4. How much does she weigh? There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb