PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He's cold, won't eat, doesn't seem to want to stand long. I

Customer Question

He's cold, won't eat, doesn't seem to want to stand long. I put kayro syrup on his gums earlier they were white and now they are pink. He has a deficiency not able to absorb nutrients and I don't think his powder for his food is working anymore
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Korwynn 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Korwynn?
Customer: He's just on Panacare enzyme powder for his condition that is not working. He was fine yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was his last meal? 2) How are his stools?3) Any vomiting? 4) What is he currently being offered to eat?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yesterday early evening, stool normal, no vomiting. Iams canned food with his Panacare enzyme
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Now he is almost lifeless
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He won't eat he won't drink
Thank you for the additional information. It will take me about 5 minutes to type out a detailed response for you. You are welcome to wait, if you would like. The website will also generate an email for you once I have responded and you can revisit the chat with a link included in the email. After reading my response, if you have questions, you’re welcome to respond and I will help you further. Otherwise, once you’re satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to rate the assistance you’ve receive from me. This is how the website will compensate me for helping you.
He's gone downhill very quickly if his last meal was early evening yesterday and today he's lifeless. Dogs typically take a few days to go downhill with such severity.The fact that you mention his white gums, lifeless appearance and the fact that he's cold makes me worry that he's critical and needs to be under the care of a Veterinarian at an ER facility. I would be concerned that this could claim his life if he's not seen within the next few hours. If you do not have an ER facility that you're familiar with, I'll be happy to help you find one. Just reply with your city, state and zip code and I'll get to work finding one local to you.Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He was normal yesterday. He was eating he was drinking he was his normal yappy self. His gums are normal pink again. I want to get something in his stomach
I'll opt out to see if another Expert can assist you. Best of luck with your companion.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no money for a emergency vet due to my just being in the hospital for having lost my baby. I don't have a syringe and really want to try and get something in him