Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

We have an 8 week old goldendoodle. He jumped off our couch

Customer Question

We have an 8 week old goldendoodle. He jumped off our couch onto the wood floor. He didn't yelp or whine. He was limping but able to put pressure on it. I felt up and own his leg and toes and he didn't whine in pain.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: He is resting comfortably, but still has a minor limp.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Yes. His name is cooper
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cooper?
Customer: No wound was found
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you wtih your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....How long ago did this happen?He is still limping?Have you noticed any swelling anywhere on that leg?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Happened 20 min ago. He has been sleeping so unsure if continued limping. Want me to wake him up? No swelling.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just woke him up. He doesn't seem to be limping anymore. Anything to watch out for?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry we just got him 2 days ago so we are still nervous dog owners/parents
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.I can totally understand the stress of bringing home a new puppy...but I promise, they're not nearly as fragile as you might think they are.Since he's no longer limping, and there's no swelling, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just keep an eye on him...if the limping should start again, or if he stops putting weight on that leg, then you should have a vet take a peek at him, but I don't expect that to be the problems.I hope this helps.