Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a 10 year old 85 pound ladradoodle male who is coughing very thirsty restless and looks a little bloated since last night
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: He was fine at dinner but doesn't want breakfast
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: His name is Boo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. My first fear for your sweet Boo is that he may be developing a Gastric Volvulus which is a twisted stomach. This is common in older deep chested large dogs and will show as dry heaves or coughing, restlessness, and bloating. If Boo has this, it is a true EMERGENCY and will require immediate assistance form your vet or an ER vet. I would strongly recommend that you do not waste time and get him to the ER ASAP. Even if this is not a gastric volvulus, Boo will get treatment. Because this is a life threatening condition, it is imperative that he get treatment right away. It is typical for dinner to blow up within the stomach overnight and cause this condition. This LINK will explain in more detail. This may be merely a digestive disturbance but better to be safe for your sweet Boo. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****