Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My pitty has a firm, as in not squishy like a fatty tumor,

Customer Question

my pitty has a firm, as in not squishy like a fatty tumor, directly under her neck skin like a swollen gland almost but as big around as a golf ball, This showed up today because I rub and pet her neck a lot. Do I need to take her to the vet?
JA: I can help you talk to the doctor. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: For one give me the proper vocabulary to explain this. And two reassure me that cancer tumors don't just pop up like this.
JA: OK. The doctor will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the doctor can help you best.
Customer: I already typed all this, but her we go again. My pitty has a firm lump about the size of a Baby Bel cheese attached under the skin near the jawline.
JA: Is there anything else the doctor should be aware of?
Customer: she's behind on her vaccinations. We live on afarm and the dogs roam the farm with their dad during the day. They have fenced in yard for night.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a picture or video showing where the mass is located on your girl?2) How old is she?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She's 4.5 yrs. I don't have a fancy phone to take a picture, and I don't have the proper cable to connect my camera, this is a new computer. geese. If you think of her jaw as an L with the hinge being the point of the L, the tumor is right at the point.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But underneath in the neck.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is too much advertising and selling on this site. I have no idea if you are typing a response of if you left to the bathroom.
JACustomer, thanks for your reply. Experts come on at different times. We reply accordingly. We are not responsible for any advertisement that you see on your end of the computer. The mass that you're seeing, is it off center or in the center of her body. That is, are you seeing it's location like this: or more centered, like this: have signed on for the day, so when you reply I should be nearby for continued discussion.