Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

16 year old beagle mix has a large mass near her left back

Customer Question

16 year old beagle mix has a large mass near her left back leg. She is having trouble walking and appears to be in pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the beagle?
Customer: She had a bout of pancreatitis in Feb. but otherwise she is healthy except for arthritis in her legs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When did the mass begin growing there? 2) Do you have a picture of the mass or video of her walking with it visible?3) Have any diagnostics been performed such as a biopsy? 4) Is she on any medication? If so, what?