Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dogs left rib seems to be bulging out a bit. He also has

Customer Question

My dogs left rib seems to be bulging out a bit. He also has a gasping in and out rapidly-type cough thats lasts only a few seconds maybe once or twice a day
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Remy and he is 6 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Remy?
Customer: He recently got over kennel cough and was also treated for hookworms (he is a rescue dog i adopted)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....How long have you had Remy now?Do you know anything about his life before you?What breed is he?If he had hookworms....did he have a potbelly when you first got him, and has that resolved now?Does it seem painful if you press on that rib area?