Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My 9 week puppy has firm stools in the morning but they get

Customer Question

my 9 week puppy has firm stools in the morning but they get runnier as the day goes on until they are very runny at night.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gem
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gem?
Customer: she eats well but drinks a lot of water...but it is hot here
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was your puppy's most recent visit to the vet? 2) Did they perform a fecal at that time? Was she dewormed?3) When did you bring her home? 4) Are you feeding the same food now that she was eating before adoption? 5) Any new foods or treats?6) How often is she being fed? 7) What breed of dog is she? 8) Any human food being fed?
Checking in to see how Gem is doing.