Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM for 15 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.

My dog is a year and half years old and ran away good

Customer Question

My dog is a year and half years old and ran away for a good portion of the night two nights ago. He walks as if his back legs are on ice and is unable to go to the bathroom without being unstable. He isn't in pain or puking or pooping bad. He seems fine otherwise. If he lays down his head and body bobbles and you can see his eyes trying to focus. We have no clue what happened to him that night :(
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: Nothing else. He's been a healthy dog otherwise. We do live in the bush with cottagers as neighbours and we live right beside a lake.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr. Gabby. This sounds serious. It sounds like he may have been hit by a car or he has gotten into something toxic.So he really needs to have a vet exam to check for injuries including bone, soft tissue, and internal injuries. That is something that will may require x-rays because you can not tell if there are internal injuries just by looking at him or examining him.With his bobbling head he may have had some kind of head trauma.Poisoning can also cause the signs you are seeing. Blood work could help determine if has has gotten into something toxic.I would take him to the vet right now. He needs to be seen today.I know that may not be what you wanted to hear but this is not something I would "wait and see" on.Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes thank you so much! I'm going to call the vet today and get him in. Thank you so much!!
Ok great. That is awesome. The regular vet today will be half the cost of the emergency clinic tomorrow or Sunday.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby