Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog has been itching like crazy, mostly at the base of tail

Customer Question

My dog has been itching like crazy, mostly at the base of tail and anus. Looked at stool and saw what seemed to be tapeworm. Also found small brown ones in fur. Treated with dewirmer that was for other worms but included tapeworm, was a three day treatment. 3 days later still itching buitt and crying so got Bayer expert care for tapeworm gave dosage last night still itching and crying bit not ad much but he is raw on his bottom and when brushing around the area there is a lot of white fuzzy stuff that looks like lint. I can not afford a vet on very limited income. Please help
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hi Angelita, thanks for your question. 1) Can you share a picture of the "lint" you're seeing? 2) Is your companion dragging his hind end on the carpet at all? 3) What flea drops are you using right now? When was it last applied?
Angie, do you still need help with your boy?