Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

She's suddenly become lethargic, and is shivering. Moaning

Customer Question

She's suddenly become lethargic, and is shivering. Moaning a little as well. She's a 9 year old lab.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailey.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?
Customer: Nothing else. She's otherwise a healthy active dog. She's never had symptoms like this before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Bailey's behavior can indicate both anxiety and pain and these symptoms aren't mutually exclusive. They don't localize the problem, however, which would need additional symptoms to do so. Please give me an update on Bailey if you wish.