Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has been loosing her hair consistently starting

Customer Question

Hi, My dog has been loosing her hair consistently starting with her chest and belly for about 6 months or so. It's getting worst and moving to the sides of her body
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chloee
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chiloe?
Customer: A few years ago she had limes disease which lasted a few months before we got her to a vet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What breed is Chloee?2) How old is she? 3) Any hair loss on the backs of her legs or tail? 4) Any increased water consumption? 5) When was the last time that she had blood work performed? 6) Does she have any medical concerns such as allergies? 7) Are you seeing anxiety? scratching? fur pulling?