PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

She looks like she's teying to vomit ,,she will be laying down

Customer Question

She looks like she's teying to vomit ,,she will be laying down and then she starts.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is 14 yrs old...is a lasa/poodle mix,,she has gingivitis, needs teeth removed and a periodontal ,,,could this be causing this?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you have a video to share of the episodes?
2) Any diet change or new food tonight?
3) Any coughing?
4) What is being fed as a normal diet? Any human food?
5) Taking any regular meds?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Either call me or send me an emIl please i
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

JACustomer, we have to chat back and forth here. I do not have the capability of emailing you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok no problem
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We can keep chatting here

2) Any diet change or new food tonight?
3) Any coughing?
5) Taking any regular meds?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just answered these questions dis yu not get it

All that came through was a request for an email. You can scroll up and see what I can see, I believe. It should be the same on both your end and mine.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no vide of the episodes
No change in diet
Only dog food is what she eats ,once in a while she gets chicken
No coughing
No medication
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are yu rhere

It looks like our conversation begin on May 12th and it's now June 2nd. That means that this has literally been going on for 3 weeks, if this remains a problem. I suspect that If this is going on without any progression of symptoms that you may be dealing with some acid reflux or even GI ulcers. Sometimes we can see this with persistent nausea, as well, but you'd likely see some drooling and/or vomiting with this.

You can give her 0.5mg/pound of body weight of famotidine (regular pepcid) every 12-24 hours to see if this helps her symptoms. If it does not, I would recommend having her seen, some blood work run and possibly some GI x-rays to be sure that there is nothing causing the symptom that can be easily treated.

If her gingivitis were to run further back into her mouth and be rather severe, sometimes we also see some tenderness that far back in the mouth and it can cause some gagging. Your vet likely would have mentioned this at the visit where the gingivitis was diagnosed, however.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response,,,I guess I did not know how to respond three weeks Ago, anyway
I will try the Pepcid and maybe it is her gingivitis ,,,I'll have her checked,,thank you
I will cancel the disputes with PayPal,,I'm sorry about the confusion

That's okay. I'm glad I was able to help you. Please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How are things going?