Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My min pin is cold to the touch

Customer Question

Hi. My min pin is cold to the touch, shivering, somewhat lethargic, no appetite. I don't see any outward problem, don't think she could have gotten into something poisonous. Out vet wasnt in today, i can go in the morning but really worried. :(
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: Like i said, don't know of anything weird she could have ingested. I have 3 other dogs who eat from the same dish. We do Blue Buffalo wilderness meat blend
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is 9. Up until yesterday highly energetic, fit
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long has she been like this?Will she drink at all?Any gagging, retching, lip licking, or vomiting?Are her gums pink or pale/white?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds +multiply that by 6)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm already at urgent care. Thinking hge.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
I am glad to hear that you are and that the vets are addressing this for her.Since we weren't able to aid you, I will send your question back to customer service.Best wishes,Dr. B.