Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He has a wart on his hole.. JA: I'm sorry to hear that.

Customer Question

He has a wart on his butt hole..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bevo and 7years approx
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bove?
Customer: Hes a snorkie and he had a one on his foot but it went away. I have purchase the pills thyga (sp) and wondered what dosage to give him he weighs 25 lbs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. I'm not sure what pills you purchased. If this is a mass near the anus, it may be a peri-anal adenoma. These are hormone related masses due to testosterone. They go away when we neuter the dog. If he's neutered, then it may be an actual wart. These can be cauterized to remove them or just ignore it and it should eventually go away on it's own. I don't usually have any luck getting skin masses to go away with oral meds. I don't think there's any benefit there. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?