Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

I have an 8 lb chihuahua who is limping around on his back

Customer Question

I have an 8 lb chihuahua who is limping around on his back leg. I have novox and ultram here that was prescribed in 2013 for prof my doberman (huge size difference, obviously). The novox are 100 mg tablets.....would it be safe to try an eighth of a table on the chihuahua to see if it helps?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this......give me a few minutes to prepare your answer.....also do you have baby aspirin in your home?So limping in a Chihuahua can be caused by several different things. This can be due to luxating patella (slipping knee cap),a bad hip (legg-perthes disease), tick borne disease, fracture or soft tissue injury.You could use 1/8 of the Novox but only once per day and you need to make sure it is no more than 1/8. Alternatively you could give 1/2 of a baby aspirin twice daily for 2 days. Do not exceed two days.I hope this helps but let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, ***** ***** hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
Did you have any additional questions?
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
If you do not have any additional questions I would very much appreciate a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B