Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

The was a can of open chew and the carpet not sure if my dogs

Customer Question

The was a can of open chew and the carpet not sure if my dogs got into it it was open , neither of them,and acting funny don't know if they ate it. Just got home and found it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I have a winer dog He is 3 he weighs 20lbs. I also have another dog she is 1 almost 1 and a half and she was between 30lbs and 40lbs.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dally. And the winer dog is RV.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dally?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. May I have an update on your dogs, please? If neither are acting abnormal, neither ingested enough chew to intoxicate themself. Nicotine acts within minutes to cause vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, ptyalism (drooling), miosis (smaller than usual pupils), agitation, seizures, and even death. A 40 lb dog would become very sick after eating one cigarette.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?