Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

She can't sit still and she is constantly moving her head like

Customer Question

She can't sit still and she is constantly moving her head like a twitch but she doesn't seem to be hurting but I know it's not right
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Spooky and 6 months she is a teacup chihuaha
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Spooky?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. The first thing that comes to mind is that Spooky may be hypoglycemic. This is a common occurance in the teacups because they are so small that they cannot keep enough glucose in their system and this can cause these neurologic signs. In most cases, they grow out of this but for now, give Spooky a teaspoon of Karo Syrup and do this again in an hour and more if needed. If Spooky does not respond, take her to the vet as soon as possible. head trauma and infection can cause these symptoms also but are much less likely. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****