Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My Border terrier may have ingested atenolol 25mg. I had company

Customer Question

My Border terrier may have ingested atenolol 25mg. I had company and later found one of their pills on the carpet. He weighs 17 lbs. I'm wondering what I should for symptom wise.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if May will be able to digest that. How old is May?
Customer: Jack is 2 1/2 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about May?
Customer: He may have micro plasia (? liver stuff) and Spikes Disease.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How long ago would he have ingested this pill? 2) Any risk of another pills being consumed along side this one?