Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

He couldn't bark and get up when my roommate arrived and he

Customer Question

He couldn't bark and get up when my roommate arrived and he flinches when I reach for his head to pet him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He's 13.5 years and has been getting acupuncture for age related neurological problems. He couldn't walk before acupuncture, but was responding well to the treatment, herbs, and supplements.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gregor
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gregor?
Customer: He has many fatty tumors as well as some that were inconclusive when tested a couple of years ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....Is Gregor on any medications?When was the last time he was x-rayed for things like arthritis?If you press along his spine/neck, does he act painful anywhere?