Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He is puking a sticky

Customer Question

He is puking a sticky foam and shakes and makes these hard to breath sounds
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not really but he ate crackers and belvita cookies only 3 tiny ones not first time
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Pituco toy poodle 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Poitou?
Customer: No he was fine last check up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: How long has he been showing signs?Can he keep any water down?Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for ur help but thought i would have a faster answer now i already took him to the vet. Hope not to b charged monthly just one time cause i did it desperate.